Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Daily Digg Disappointment (68) Saturday



Good Saturday morning Digg nation!

Like the new Diggs? I decided to move the DDD over to the blog so we can see the video that comes with the submission. Thanks to Surferess for being persistant in telling me the vids didn't work on the PE bulletin board.

So I don't know about you, but don't you hate it when you have a great story to submit like how Dr. Smith found the cause for cancer and you submit it and someone has already submitted it? That's ok but the story has 1 digg in the last 13 hours? I'm sure that you've seen that. That's why I am really glad to have the network of friends that it's taken me a long time to develope. My suggestion to new Digg members is to digg, digg, and digg some more.

For all of the new readers of the DDD. The mission of the DDD is, (Daily Digg Disappointment) is put out a daily submission of the upcoming digg daily submissions. If that sounds repetitive, it sort of is. I take some of my friends shouts, and highlight them on the DDD. The submissions I post are the stories I think may have a good chance to go Front Page, or perhaps is a really good submission that may need some added exposure. At any rate, I like posting them and I hope you like the postings. Let's see what's in the shout pipeline for this morning:

2 Off-Road Motorcyclists Terrorize CA HS Graduation Ceremony Two young men on off-road motorcycles crashed into the El Capitan High School graduation ceremony on the football field Thursday evening, causing a swinging gate to strike a teenager and running into a bystander, sheriff's officials said. One of the motorcycle riders fell off and got into a fight as members of the crowd tried to hold him down

One of the new things I would like to try is submitted some stories from readers who happen not to be on my friends list. I'll see how that goes. By the way, I'm thinking about compiling the Top 10 User Friendly Digg Friends soon so stay tuned for that story.

Eight suspended for Rays-Red Sox brawl Boston outfielder Coco Crisp, Tampa Bay pitcher James Shields and six other players were suspended Friday, a day after their wild brawl at Fenway Park. Three Red Sox got suspended: Crisp for seven games, pitcher Jon Lester for five games and first baseman Sean Casey for three games...



15 Most Adventurous & Thrilling Camping Activities From trekking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, whitewater rafting through the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River, canoeing down the Mississippi River, fishing on the Great Lakes, sailing in Florida, diving in Hawaii to skiing in the Rocky Mountains, here are the most fun and thrilling camping and outdoor activities.

SUV owners keep on truckin' despite gas prices Oil prices have some drivers looking for new rides, but some truck and sport-utility vehicles owners are remaining true to their gas guzzlers. They say, $4-a-gallon gas be damned; they need the space.

You know, I am wondering if someone could keep some statistics on the success of the DDD submissions to see what per cent of the stories that are highlighted on the DDD that make the front page of Digg. Sounds interesting no?

Protesters blockade oil refinery Protesters blockaded an oil refinery in Cheshire in a bid to put pressure on the government over rising oil prices.

Ex-Steel Curtain DE Dwight White dead at 58 Dwight White, the Steel Curtain defensive end known as "Mad Dog" who helped lead the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Super Bowl titles in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 58.



So there ya go folks. Today's DDD. I am truly appreciative of the fact that you took time to read it. Thanks and let's have a great day!

No comments: