Friday, June 13, 2008

My Daily Digg Disappointment (73) Friday the 13th



Happy Friday the 13th, AND Hawaiian Shirt Friday!
Be careful that you don't see Jason today!

Just getting today's DDD going before I hit the showers. Let's see what's up with you guys.

Building a new OS using Visual Basic - who wants to help? Funny hilarious discussion thread about master programmer (crazy if you ask me) who wants to build an operating system out of visual basic. 300+ replies of pure entertainment.

"Punisher: War Zone" Movie Trailer Released

Maintain the air-conditioning of your car Maintenance of the air conditioning system of your car is as necessary as polishing, cleaning and servicing your car. Get the air conditioning system checked once in every 12 or 18 months.

Merger: Social Networking and Referral Recruiting Social networking and recruiting will officially merge on America ’s first referral recruitment network -- Yellojobs.com. Employers can post job ads with referral rewards for free, and only pay the reward when a hire is made.

Sound off on HD radio Talks about HD radio and its benefits. Worth the read.

Don't Drink and Drive If you drink and drive then think 5 times before you do so, because it could not kill you but end you in a situation worst than being dead.

Drinking and Driving, Who's Next? Let me begin by saying I was a certified trainer for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. I gave classes to people to become certified to sell and serve alcohol in Texas.

Ok, I'm at work now and ready to get this Friday party started. As I was driving in to work, I got to thinking about ways to spruce up the DDD. I can see you folks want some zip in your ceral this morning so I've come up with a new feature for the DDD. Please allow me to introduce The Best of Mr. Babyman Post Oh wait, Mr. Babyman didn't include me in his friends so I can't find any of his posts.
But I do have Zaibatsu He's a top 5 Digger. Let's see what he has going on. Bruce Lee’s 7 Fundamentals for Getting Your Life in Shape That story just went popular recently and it's a great submission.

Lucky Phil……….The Man Song! aussiecynic.com — This is To Funny not to play. You just have to watch its hilarious..

Tree from 2,000-year-old seed is doing well physorg.com — Just over three years old and about four-feet tall, Methuselah is growing well. "It's lovely," Dr. Sarah Sallon said of the date palm, whose parents may have provided food for the besieged Jews at Masada some 2,000 years ago.

That'll teach me to go to the bathroom. So it's the third quarter, and the Celtics are down by a jillion. Lamar Odom is smiling like a baby with bad gas and Pau Gasol is doing his crazy mountain man thing. I was annoyed. Disgusted even. Shrugging my shoulders, I grabbed a magazine and decided to go free the chocolate hostages. What was the point of watching, right? The Lakers were dismantling the Green Machine and Kobe, at the time, had like one field goal. I honest-to-goodness figured it was over.

Good call, huh?

Continued

Awesome Compilation Of Racing Crashes This is one of the best compilations I've seen of about twenty different racing crashes.

Have you ever seen an alien... or a Ghost? or both? Read this spooky account of an encouter.

For Sale - Pat Summerall's Amazing Grace Estate | Texas amazinggraceestate.com — The Amazing Grace Estate is currently available for under $4.3 million. This extraordinary five acre seven bedroom residence is South Lake's first premier estate property, and a true Texas mansion. Pat and Cheri Summerall now invite others to experience the joy they found when they lived in the home. Luxury Texas Living - Celebrity Home Residence

Brian Patch Breaks World Record Brian Patch broke the record today and will be listed in the Guiness Book of world records for the longest skateboard ramp to ramp jump of 58 feet.



Have you ever wondered how many Digg members there are? The reason I wonder is because let's say there are 100 Digg members. Of those 100 members, I wonder how many just sit on the popular page and read those? How many of us members just read upcoming articles? How many Diggers submit stories and how many just comment on stories and how many just bury stories. Digg users are all kind of different in that we are here for different reasons. I think the DDD is pretty popular, but when I think that some submissions have gotten over 10K diggs, I get pretty humbled by it rather quickly. I consider people that read the DDD as friends and I greatly appreciate that. But I would venture to say 95% of the Digg nation has never seen it. My goal is to one day have the DDD on the front page. Can you help me do that? Please share the DDD with every breathin organisim with a computer. (smile and thanks)

McDonalds lettuce growing billboard is actually kind of cool azsustainability.com — This is definitely a unique and creative way to sell some salads. The advertising folks over at McDonald ’s came up with this billboard near Chicago that actually grows it’s message in lettuce and judging from this picture were quite successful.

What A World!

Voted best video for the month of May on YouTube.

By the way, isn't this supposed to be a social network? Where are all the comments? C'mon, say something. Let's get to know each other around here! (smile)

Well there you have today's DDD. I've shreaded all documents and now just waiting for 5:00 to take off for the weekend. I'm hoping to get home and start doing some yard work and stopping every once in awhile for some iced tea (cough, Budweiser cough. Ya'll take care and I'll be back here later this evening. Well, I'll be posting new submissions cause the DDD is closing down for the day. See you later, and be thankful for where you are in life.

Lp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that the "Building a new OS using Visual Basic - who wants to help?" story got buried. Maybe some diggers just read the title and thought we were serious LOL!

Mary

LewP said...

Have to watch some of these Digg folks. They might believe anything if it's in print : )

Unknown said...

Heya lewp, you said you wanted help getting the DDD onto the front page.

Perhaps you should install wordpress on your own domain instead of using blogger.com

dailydiggdissapointment.com is available!

I can help you set it up if you want.